COURT BLUNDER – Judge Released Man Who Murdered Gang Rape Victim Who Is Now On The Run

+ + + NEWSFLASH + + + (https://newsx.media)
For newsdesk queries : Call or WhatsApp on +44 751 927 1676 or mail on queries@newsx.media.

(starts)

A man who admitted killing a young woman after a gang rape was released by a court and vanished by the time they realised the mistake and ordered his arrest.

Victim Sarah Picolotto dos Santos Grego from Jundiai, in the Brazilian state of Sao Paulo, had been missing since 9th August and her body was found on Friday 15th August.

The grim discovery was made in a wooded area near a waterfall in Ubatuba, on the north coast of Sao Paulo.

Police said she was taken by five men and forced to perform oral sex before being killed.

The 24-year-old suspect, named as Alessandro Neves dos Santos, told officers he suffocated her after an argument and hid her body in the forest.

He also said he threw her clothes and phone into a river.

Despite the confession the court rejected a request for his temporary detention and released him after a custody hearing.

On Tuesday, 19th August, the 2nd Court of Ubatuba accepted an appeal by the Public Prosecutor's Office and ordered his 30-day temporary arrest.

But by then, he had disappeared and he remains on the run.

According to the court decision, Sarah was hanged and dragged into the woods where her body was hidden under leaves and vegetation.

The Civil Police said they are investigating the case as a possible gang rape followed by homicide and are waiting for post mortem toxicological and sexological examinations to confirm the circumstances of her death.

Her body was buried at the Parque Memorial da Paz in Jundiai on Sunday morning without a wake because of the advanced state of decomposition.

The investigation is continuing.

(Mike Leidig / newsX)


NewsX-ReipGeng-01.jpg
Copyright: Newsflash/NX
Description: Sarah Picolotto, 20, poses in undated photo. She was killed in Ubatuba, Brazil. Note: Private photo. (Newsflash/NX)

NewsX-ReipGeng-02.jpg
Copyright: Newsflash/NX
Description: Sarah Picolotto, 20, poses in undated photo. She was killed in Ubatuba, Brazil. Note: Private photo. (Newsflash/NX)

NewsX-ReipGeng-03.jpg
Copyright: Newsflash/NX
Description: Sarah Picolotto, 20, poses in undated photo. She was killed in Ubatuba, Brazil. Note: Private photo. (Newsflash/NX)

NewsX-ReipGeng-04.jpg
Copyright: Newsflash/NX
Description: Sarah Picolotto, 20, poses in undated photo. She was killed in Ubatuba, Brazil. Note: Private photo. (Newsflash/NX)

NewsX-ReipGeng-05.jpg
Copyright: Newsflash/NX
Description: Sarah Picolotto, 20, poses in undated photo. She was killed in Ubatuba, Brazil. Note: Private photo taken from social media. (Newsflash/NX)

NewsX-ReipGeng-06.jpg
Copyright: Newsflash/NX
Description: Sarah Picolotto, 20, poses in undated photo. She was killed in Ubatuba, Brazil. Note: Private photo. (Newsflash/NX)

NewsX-ReipGeng-07.jpg
Copyright: Newsflash/NX
Description: Sarah Picolotto, 20, poses in undated photo. She was killed in Ubatuba, Brazil. Note: Private photo taken from social media. (Newsflash/NX)

NewsX-ReipGeng-08.jpg
Copyright: Newsflash/NX
Description: Alessandro Neves dos Santos poses in undated photo. The man was arrested and confessed to the crime, but was later released. Note: Private photo. (Newsflash/NX)
 


 

Byline Journalist: Mike Leidig

Byline Sub editor: Simona Kitanovska

Byline Spotter: Ivica Stojanovski

Byline Commisioning Editor: Mike Leidig

Byline Senior Writer: Mike Leidig

Byline Picture Editor: Zorica Stojkovik

Byline Copychecker: Angela Trajkovska

Byline Illustrator: Angela Trajkovska

Byline News Editor: Mike Leidig

Geography: Ubatuba

Subject: Beauty, Legal, Crime, Court reports, Sex, Society

T4 Editor Story Rating: 7

T4 Editor Pic/Vid rating: 7

T4 Total rating: 7